Many organisations are preparing for their end of financial year reporting. The Enquire Reporting FAQ helps you tackle your reporting with tips and reminders to guide you through the process and covers some common reporting questions.
How is reporting process managed in Enquire?
- Output reporting is done at the Project level. This is where Project Managers enter actuals against the standard units of measure. Please remember Output comments are received by report recipients, such as government or regional authorities.
- Once the project report has been approved by the Round or Delivery Area Managers, Business Contract Managers will need to do the Milestone reports at the Activity Agreement level. Here they will mark the Milestone status and enter in any Milestone comments for the governing or regional body. Reports from Sub-program Managers will also contribute to the Milestone report.
- Once the Business Contract Managers have submitted the Activity Agreement reports, the Portfolio Managers need to generate a consolidated Portfolio report and submit.
- If amendments are required, the Portfolio Manager will receive an email to re-submit the report. They must make the necessary changes then re-submit a consolidated portfolio report.
Why are there previously completed outputs in my current project report?
The milestones linked to these outputs may have been marked as Incomplete or Complete and Continuing in a previous period. Outputs linked to a milestone with these statuses are available for reporting in subsequent periods. The milestone’s status will need to be updated to Complete or Incomplete and Closed, and the linked outputs reported upon to resolve the problem.
Why can’t I submit or approve a project report?
There could be 3 reasons for why you can’t submit or approve a report:
- Check to see if you have updated all the project’s outcomes. Delivered outcomes should have a green tick to indicate that they have been updated.
- You may have forgotten to submit a final comment about the project’s progress.
- Check if the Sub-program Managers or Business Contract Manager have submitted their reports, as this will prevent you from updating your project actuals. Consult with your Business Contract and Portfolio Managers if this has happened.
Where do I submit my Portfolio Reports?
- When all the Activity Agreement performance reports have been submitted, the Portfolio Manager can report using the Performance Reports tab of the relevant Portfolio.
Why can’t I submit my Portfolio Report?
- Check that all the Activity Agreement performance reports have been submitted.
- Portfolio Managers can generate the portfolio report via the Performance Reports tab.
- Once the report has been reviewed, it can be submitted to the relevant authorities.
What is the process for Financial Reporting?
- Financial reporting is done at the Activity Agreement and Portfolio levels. The Business Financial Manager will report and submit all the Activity Agreements financials for the period.
- Once all the Activity Agreement financial reports have been generated, the Portfolio Manager can review, edit and submit the consolidated financial regional report.
- Once the Portfolio Manager has submitted the financial report it is sent through to the Financial Liaison Officer to review and approve, or request amendments if necessary.
- If amendments are required, the Portfolio Manager will receive an email to re-submit the report. They must make the necessary changes then re-submit a consolidated financial report.
Where do I submit the Financial Reports?
- Business Financial Managers submit the Financial Report through the Financial Reports tab of the relevant Portfolio.
Where can I find the Narrative Reports?
Portfolio Managers can locate Narrative Reports by selecting Portfolios from the primary navigation and then by:
- Selecting the Narrative button for each Portfolio or;
- Double clicking on the relevant Portfolio and selecting the Narrative Report tab.
More help and support information on reporting is available on the Enquire Help Site. For further assistance, please contact the Tactiv Help Desk or call us on +61 7 3846 1555.